Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Maybe we’ll meet again one day. In a few years. You’ll have your life, and I’ll have mine. We’ll both be strugglin’ to find ourselves, and our place in this universe. We’ll have changed, but at the same time we’ll be the same people we always were. The complicity will still be there, the chemistry between us too.. Those things don’t disappear.. You’ll ask me how I am, and I’ll be glad to talk to you about my plans for the future. You’ll tell me about your newest achievements, and we’ll laugh lightheartedly at life, and where she has taken us. Like the old friends that we are, we’ll finally part our ways, wishing only the best for each other. At that moment, I’ll dig deep inside my memories to reach the place where i left you, the place where I condemned you to stay, so I could move on with my life. I’ll let those memories fill my head, almost feeling them for the first time, as I’ve kept them hidden for so long. The nostalgia will hit, because I knew that at one time you had everything to make me happy. But I’ll also remember how it ended, or actually how it failed to end properly. I’ll probably be proud of myself for making the right choice. At the same moment, something completely different will be going on in your head. Like me, you’ll probably replay the memories of when we were just kids in love. You’ll still remember how you fell for me, and you’ll realize that even though we’re older, I haven’t changed a bit. The same smile, the same sparkle in the eyes. You’ll start to wonder what went wrong in our former years that lead to us not being part of each other’s lives anymore. You’ll remember how I forgave you to be in peace with myself, and how you were also at peace after that moment. You lived quite happily for a bit, without fully realizing what had happened. You were just a boy, silent of words, inferior to pride, stagnant with change.. Too afraid to take the opportunity, to embrace life.. But that day, when our paths will cross again, something will change inside of you. You will realize something. As I am waving you goodbye, you will realize for the first time how it feels like to lose someone forever. You will see what fear does to people. And you will know that regret has the power to consume you from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment